LAST DAYS TO REGISTER!
LIFT Fall Retreat: October 27-29, 2017
What's it all about?
Stay in cabins, go canoeing, eat s’mores by the campfire, and learn WHAT IT TAKES to SUCCEED when applying for Employment & Scholarships: Résumé writing, Interviewing, Personal Presentation (dressing for success, being confident, table etiquette), Online Search and Applications, On-the-Job Etiquette, Managing a Paycheck (all with a CANDY twist!)
Campfire ‘n Storytelling, Challenge Course, Kayaks, Canoes, Paddleboats, Gym, Disco Karaoke, Fashion Show, Jeopardy! (and lots to eat!)
Detailed information is listed below the application form.
lIFT RETREAT Info!
- Camp Caroline Conference Center, Janiero Rd, Arapahoe (on Dawson Creek)
- FREE! (sponsored by Hodges Education Foundation)
- Fill out and submit the ONLINE RETREAT APPLICATION (on this page)
- Drop off signed Permission Form in your school's front office (see Ms. Lacy at PCHS)
- Any PCHS and Arapahoe Charter high school student
- You do NOT have be a "Member of LIFT" (we no longer have membership)
- 25 total students (PCHS and ACS combined) will be accepted to attend
- Friday after-school Transportation to camp provided via activity bus
- Parents are responsible for picking student up on Sunday at Camp (their lunch is provided)
- No late arrivals without approval (if you have a special circumstance, please contact Ms. Potter to discuss)
- This is an OVERNIGHT retreat (2 nights) with Chaperones and CODE OF CONDUCT will be enforced
- Cabins will be designated female or male, and will include Chaperones of the same sex, in compliance with Pamlico Co Board of Education specifications
- Students must provide their own linens (sheets/blanket or sleeping bag, pillow, towel and washcloth). If student needs assistance, these items may be provided on request.
- Parents must complete and sign the Parent Permission Form and provide all insurance and medical information (if student application is accepted)
- Up to 2 parents/guardians are invited to join students on Sunday at 11:30 at Camp Caroline for Closing Program and Lunch (no charge).
- Parents must provide transportation for student to return home from camp on Sunday at 2:30.